Borut Kumperščak is an interactive visuals expert, mostly working with cameras and advanced sensors to produce graphically intensive life-size interactive experiences based on augmented reality principles, 3D mapping, and other advanced CG technologies. Lives and works between London and Ljubljana.
- Implementation of artistic interactive experiences of all scales from smartphone and tablet based apps, up to gallery-scale projects with several synchronised computers and projectors with bespoke interfaces and sensors.
- Conceptual, experimental, and performative software design and development in collaboration with artists, academics, and commercial clients. Fluency in all major platforms – Mac OS X, iOS, Windows, Android, Linux, with C++ as main language.
- Hardware and sensors design and integration, production of bespoke sensor interfaces for interactive projects. Fluency in several IoT platforms and communication protocols.
- Production lifecycle management, mockup, design, production planning, development, deployment, maintenance and upgrades.
- General software design and production, worked in video game industry for several years, wrote plugins for publishing and design software, produced own projector control software and hardware, etc.
- Long-term experience with live visuals, theatric visuals, digital video production, and VJ-ing.
- Esoterion Universe, experimental AV software which resulted from a series of hackathons that started at Goldsmiths College London, 2015.
- Phenakistomixer series of projects, developed a composing and simulator software for animated discs, in collaboration with Vesna Krebs, last exhibited at Apiary Studios, London, 2015.
- Last Place, Kinect-based tracking and visualisation software, collaboration with Vesna Krebs, 2014.
- Live on-stage interactive mapping of a dancer using Kinect camera and custom software, annual Microsoft conference in Portoroz, Slovenia, 2013.
- Biotope, developed Arduino-based sensors and visualisation software application, collaboration with Vesna Krebs, 2012.
- The First Law of B.K., custom pedalling sensor and and video playback control, collaboration with Via Negative Group, 2011.
- Displaced body, Kinect-based tracking and visaualization software for dance performance, collaboration with Milan Tomášik and Vesna Krebs, 2010.